TOP 5 Reasons to hire a PROFESSIONAL Wedding Photographer::
With new smartphones coming out everyday, each with a new camera or features or filters more amazing than the last seems reasonable to just have a friend snap a few shots at your wedding and save a bunch of money right!?
DON'T DO IT!
Having been a professional photographer now for almost 9 years I will tell you I have done so many 'Anniversary' sessions trying to recreate what they didn't get on their wedding day and although beautiful and I LOVE those sessions...it is not the same as the wedding day itself!
1. You want your friends and family to attend and enjoy your wedding not be 'working'. Just because someone owns a 'good' camera doesn't mean they know how to manage a timeline, coordinate groups of people and document the most important day of your life.
2. It isn't about me...it IS about YOU and YOUR experience and YOUR connection, and my job to catch and unveil the moments that convey the connection between you and your love.? AND... have FUN!!!???
3. A professional is an investment, it's not just a steep pricetag, especially for what they bring to the table.
All of these things to be considered and not taken lightly.
4. Having back up gear if something goes wrong, not to mention a second photographer with them.
5. You get your photos back in a reasonable timeframe. I find it disappointing when I hear that they only got a handful of photos or it has been a year and they still haven't seen their wedding day gallery (if there is a gallery). Additionally being able to provide you with heirloom items such as albums etc.
BONUS:: You will not be able to handle how gorgeous your wedding looks and how thankful you will be to have these memories...HIRE a professional!